"http://www.limundo.com/pretraga.php/ref/tmartinovic"

Friday, October 12, 2007

Three-dimensional embroidery



You know that I had a class at Dollstreet few months ago, well I earned some money than and decided to buy few books. It really was hard for me to decide what to buy because I’m interested in so many things and have limited amount of money. I have made a wish list but it was so long that I needed 10 times more than what I had. Well I started to cut down and finally managed to fit my wish list into my money supply.
One of the books was “Three Dimensional Embroidery” by Janet Edmonds.
I was amazed with cover picture, and find few inside pages on the web with also great pictures. My expectations was to find detailed instructions for all beautiful things inside,. …Well I was not totally disappointed, but it was not near what I expected.
There is few words about every picture, and general explanation but nothing to point you how to make something specific from the book.
I have to improvise and guess what I need to do. Well, never mind, here is what I made.
I wanted to make fabric for the bag –to look like texture from the cover picture from the book (It is vessel on the picture in the book).